Sunday, March 25, 2007

I Left My Heart In San Francisco


And what a lovely city it is! Bill and I had a great Spring Break in San Francisco and the surrounding area. It was our first big vacation since our honeymoon, and we loved it. We spent the first two nights near Monterey Bay, and Carmel. The beaches there were gorgeous and the scenery breathtaking! Everything was so green and flowers and fruit were blooming. Our favorite event was driving the 17 Mile Scenic Tour, in which we drove along the rocky coast, saw Pebble Beach, etc. That is some of the prettiest country I have ever seen! We walked along in the sunshine and I picked up shells. We even saw a large group of fat harbor seals sleeping on the beach! Carmel was my favorite city. It was so quaint and picturesque; I tried to talk Bill into buying one of the seaside cottages, but he said we couldn't yet :) After that, we drove to San Francisco, where we spent the rest of the trip with the Luciano's. They are graduating soon and moving to NYC, so it was nice to get to have "one last fling" with them. We saw Alcatraz, the Muir woods, drove down Lombard - the crookedest street in the world -, visited the Wharf, and walked all over that hilly city. It is a beautiful city; I love that it is so outdoorsy. We spent one day visiting Napa Valley and Sonoma Wine Country, which is another lovely area. We toured some wineries and did some wine-tasting; we are now wine - connisuers :) Ok, not really, but it was fun! Our last day we visited a quaint city across the bay from San Francisco called Sausalito. It is lovely how the mountains stretch right to the ocean, and the houses are built right onto the sides of the hills. It had such a laid-back atmosphere, and Bill and I actually took a nap right in the park square of the city. I asked Bill if we could buy one of those cottages, and again he said that we couldn't. But I haven't given up hope :) We both did say that it was somewhere that we could see ourselves living one day - we really liked that area. One of the biggest blessings was the weather; seriously, I felt like that was just an extra gift from the Lord. It was unseasonally warm and sunshiney that whole week, and the day we left it became cloudy and cooler, and I kind of think the Lord just gave us that lovley weather to enjoy. Every good and perfect thing....


It was a little hard to come back to work and the normal routine after that, but we have adjusted back slowly. I do like our time here in Dallas, but going somewhere else made me look forward to the time when Bill graduates and we move on to a new adventure in a new setting. It was a good vacation, though, and we are thankful that we had the opportunity to get away. It was a good time for us to reconnect and just enjoy being together all the time. I've included many pics from our trip, so enjoy!

0 comments: